Interesting Facts | Americans Eat About 100 Acres of Pizza Each Day | FoodFindo
While you absolutely love your thin crust pizza here are some interesting facts that you probably never knew while you gobbled all those slices of Pizzas.
- Though Italy is commonly known as birth place of Pizza, it is actually ancient Greece which gave the world the first version of pizza which had a topping of veggies, potatoes, herbs & olive oil.
- The very famous Pizza Margherita was named in honour of Queen consort of Italy, Margherita of Savoy. Pizzamaker Raffaele Esposito created this very popular pizza with a topping of tomato, mozzarella and basil toppings represent the national colours of Italy.
- Till the 1940s, Pizza did not gain international popularity. During the World War II, the American troops absolutely loved the dish and took it back to America and rest is history.
- Throughout the world, 5 billion pizzas are sold every year and Saturday night is considered to be the most popular night for eating pizza.
- Interestingly, the pizza delivery people have observed that women tend to give more tips than men.
- Pizza in India became popular in the 90s. Home Delivery later in the next decade.
- Unlike Western countries esp America, where the favourite topping is Pepperoni, Indians love tofu, paneer, minced meat, jalapeno as their pizza toppings.
- Thin Crust Pizzas are the most popular Pizzas across the globe.
- Taking into account of all Americans in a single day, it is estimated that 350 slices of pizzas are gobbled up by Americans every one second. So, if all the slices consumed in a day by Americans are placed side but side, it would cover 100 acres of land! That is a lot of Pizza.
- One pizza per week significantly reduces the chances the Esophageal cancer. So next time you grab your slice of pizza, don’t feel guilty,it’s good for your health.
The Traditional and Classic pizza always tastes best when it is baked in a wood fired oven.
IL Tavolino, Bhubaneswar will give Bhubaneswarites a Pizza they will fall in love with. A Pizza baked in the Black Masonry Oven leaves a smoky flavour to it which makes it pretty different from the regular ash free ovens. So starting from 29 October 2016, Bhubaneswar be ready to savour pizzas the authentic way.
*IL Tavolino home delivers only through www.0km.in
*The operations start from 29 October 2016
**Original Pictures from IL Tavolino’s Kitchen