Recipe by Harapriya Pattnaik
Recipe name: LAHORI PANEER
Prep time: 25mins Cook time: 15mins Total time: 40 mins
200g Paneer cut into in triangular shape
Vegetable oil for grilling the paneer and making gravy
7-8garlic cloves and 1inch ginger
1green chilly – finely chopped
1½ tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 small size tomato
6-7 cashew nuts
1teaspoon watermelon seeds
1 dry red chilly
1 green cardamom
1 bay leaf
1big teaspoon of kashmiri lal mirch powder
1 small bunch of fresh coriander – finely chopped
t tablespoon of fresh curd
1 smallteaspoon of sugar
Salt as per taste
Start by making the masala for the gravy
1. Heat the pan and put some vegetable oil.
2. when the oil is hot enough then add the dry chilly ,bay leaf,green cardamom,clove, 3-4 whole garlic,1inch of ginger, roughly chopped onion, tomato,cashew nuts and watermelon seed.
3. Fry them as the rawness of all the masala turn away and their color should be change into golden brown.
4. Then keep them aside and make them cool. make fine silky paste.
5. Then heat a big pan put some vegetable oil when the oil heated then add a pinch of sugar add some kashmiri lal mirch powder then add the fine silky paste in this pan.
6. stir them continuously by adding curd into it.
7. when the oil come out of the gravy then turn off the gas.
Then we will go for the grilling part.
1. Cut the paneer in triangular shape .
2. Take a big bowl put 2teaspoon cornflour 1big tablespoon of finely crushed garlic little bit of kashmiri lal mirch powder and salt as per taste and few drops of water to make a dip.
3. Dip those panner in this mixture and rest it for 30min.
4. Heat the grilling pan put some oil then put those panner pieces one by one cook them for a while.
5. Take the serving plate put the paneer pieces first then drain the curry beside the panner. garnesing with chopped green chilly and finely chopped coriander leaf.
serve the curry with kulcha or rice..
You can eat the curry immediately but it will taste even better if you allow it to sit for about 30 minutes and then reheat just before serving.